- Technology strategies
- Project planning and program planning
- Development audit
- Capability improvement strategies
- Market studies and marketing strategy
- Business planning
Business Strategy Consulting
Our Strategic Consulting Group provides a combination of business understanding and technical knowledge to resolve our clients' issues. We combine a practical business perspective with access to over eighty technical design and manufacturing experts.
Strategic Consulting Services
We work for both private and public sector clients including governments, financial investment firms, manufacturers and network operators, assisting with strategic evaluation and decision-making to improve their operational and business effectiveness.
Technology strategy and road-mapping
- Evaluation of 'state of the art' and future technology trends
- Identification of technology strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluation of options to maximise value from technology assets
Development audit & planning
- Evaluation of development approach, planning and resources
- Auditing of current R&D capability and effectiveness
Market evaluation & studies
- Study of potential and existing markets sectors and end customers
- Market analysis – growth, dynamics, barriers
- Opportunity window assessment
Competitive positioning analysis
- Study of competitive landscape & key players
- Competitive differentiators & competitor market positioning
- Study of existing technology basis and business case
- Recommendations for future strategy
- A Tier 1 telecoms manufacturer engaged Plextek to assess why they had been unable to penetrate the UK market. Through our detailed knowledge of the relevant markets and large contact network we were able to identify specific issues that needed to be addressed. This led to an improvement in sales leads and specific invitations to bid for major contracts.
- A European equipment manufacturer asked us to audit their internal technology and marketing strategy. We were able to identify a number of internal weaknesses and untapped strengths. Plextek were able to help rescue a specific project and assisted in the development of a new group strategy and divestment programme.