- Software defined radio
- Cognitive radio and whitespace
- Long range Wifi
- Custom silicon design
- Custom RF design
- High performance amplifiers, mixers and synthesisers
- Custom protocols
- High security encryption schemes
Custom Radio Design
Plextek develops custom RF systems for clients that have requirements that are not met by existing equipment and standards.
Custom Solutions and Technology Development
Systems at the leading edge of technology often require wireless connectivity that cannot be provided by "off the shelf" or standards based components. Plextek has a large RF design team, digital processing expertise and specialist protocol engineers that are able to design wireless systems optimised for specific requirements.
The development of bespoke systems often involves pushing parameters such as range, power consumption, data throughput, spectral efficiency and reliability to the limit of what can be achieved with available materials and components.
We frequently help our clients to identify alternative strategies to solving their technical problems, finding practical solutions to seemingly impossible requirements.
- A client approached Plextek with an urgent requirement for a low-power battery-operated wireless network with a 3km range. Despite a tight delivery deadline and a safety critical specification, the system design, development, validation against rigorous acceptance tests and delivery of 84 units was undertaken on time.
- Plextek designed a high specification RF front-end system for a test equipment manufacturer. The product had to be flexible enough to support a wide range of existing and future radio standards. Plextek used a software defined radio approach that incorporated a number of novel design techniques. The resulting system exceeded the design requirements and provided a future-proof platform that is capable of covering a number of application areas.