- Factory selection
- Factory management
- Component selection
- Bill of materials optimisation
- Cost reductions
- Low volume niche product manufacture
- Mass production logistics
Plextek helps companies introduce products to manufacture using our established links with selected factories around the world.
Each year Plextek designs many market leading products. A large proportion of these products are directly manufactured by Plextek for our clients in areas ranging from mass market automotive units through to highly specialised low volume systems.
Plextek is one of the few technology consultancies with this level of expertise in manufacturing. We maintain our own EMC testing facility and are able to perform a wide range of pre-certification tests to ensure that clients achieve any necessary regulatory approvals in a smooth manner.
Plextek's expertise in component selection and bill of materials reduction has helped many clients realise significantly higher margins than would otherwise have been achieved.
We work with some of the leading contract manufacturers around the world and help clients to select the most appropriate facilities taking all cost and quality considerations into account.
- Plextek manufactures the Blighter ground surveillance radar. This is a complex product comprising of a number of different RF and digital sub-systems. Manufacture requires rigorous control over build state, component variants, mechanical assembly options and final shipping configuration.
- At the opposite end of the scale, Plextek manufactures street light control units for the Telensa PLANET system. The control units are mass-produced and need to achieve high reliability whilst having the lowest cost possible.