Industry is changing
Navigation, Localisation & Tracking
Knowing who & what are where around large industrial sites poses various technical challenges
Radio Spectrum Management
With many systems sharing the same radio spectrum, mission critical services need robust protection from interference…
Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
Monitoring assets or delivering shipments have a growing part to play in increasing business effectiveness.
Reaching Hazardous Areas
Gathering insight from locations previously impossible to manually instrument (too hot, too cold or radioactive).
Wide Area Sensor Networks
Monitoring & controlling remote assets for predictive maintenance, improved process efficiency and safety.
New Visual, Electromagnetic & Hyper Spectral Sensors
New sensors are emerging at low price points that will enable some of the most challenging product & process monitoring use-cases to be tackled.
Automated systems to record stock levels in real time allowing just in time delivery with minimal stock.
True real-time process automation enabled by low latency communications.
Fleet routing & Telematics
Real time condition monitoring & large scale routing of vehicles becomes even more critical.
Connected Autonomous Vehicles (CAV)
Mobility is changing in both public and private transport with huge associated technology challenges.
Augmented Reality (AR)
AR for training, quality assurance and maintenance will revolutionise human interaction with infrastructure.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Edge analytics will grow into full & partial autonomy allowing low capability embedded systems in sensors & robots to make smarter decisions.
Industry 4.0 is expected to bring an average cost reduction of 3.6% per annum across process industries by 2020. Our expertise in technology & electronic engineering can help solve your sensing & automation challenges to increase your business’ effectiveness and growth potential.
News & Blogs
call: +44 (0) 1799 533 200
Industry is changing
Industry is Changing. Industry 4.0 is expected to bring an average cost reduction of 3.6% per annum across process industries by 2020 and Plextek’s expertise in technology & electronic engineering can help solve your sensing & automation challenges.
• We resolve the toughest sensing problems
• Building scaleable industry ecosystems
• Technology independent
• Industry automation for increased business efficiencies
- Standards based and proprietary radios
- Low power consumption end points
- Advanced sensors: first principles through to additional algorithm smarts
- Automation: factory automation & robotics
- High reliability software, de-resking
- Artificial intelligence, macro level automation
- Power harvesting
- Data aggregation and management of high traffic volumes
- Data analysis, data visualisations, predictive maintenance systems
- Location area wireless communication
- Wide area wireless communications